Clear slime is a popular children’s science kit and a great rainy day activity. The best part about it is that it’s non-toxic and safe for kids to play with. However, homemade clear slime will probably have lumps in it. To avoid this, use your blender to make the slime before adding the liquid starch and borax solution.
Combine liquid starch and water
- In a small bowl, combine liquid starch and water.
- Add one tablespoon of Borax powder per cup of solution.
- Stir until the Borax is dissolved.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture if desired.
- Pour the solution into a mixing bowl.
- Use a spatula to stir until it becomes difficult for your hand to move through the mixture smoothly. It should not stick to your fingers or hands when touched or pulled apart.
- Continue stirring until you have reached this stage, as it will take several minutes for all of it to come together in one solid mass. At this point, spray a little bit of water on it and continue stirring until the slime becomes smooth again (about 30 seconds). You can also add more Borax if necessary at this point by adding one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Add food coloring, stirring until well-blended
In a large bowl, mix together the clear glue and water until well-blended. Add food coloring, stirring until well-blended. If you want your slime to be one solid color, use a spoon or spatula to spread it into one layer on your work surface. If you want multiple colors of slime, try using an ice cream scoop or cookie dough scooper instead. Let your kids play with their new homemade slime for at least 30 minutes before cleaning up!
Add 1/2 cup of clear glue
Make slime with only four ingredients! This is a great way to make slime with your kids.Clear glue is the key ingredient in this recipe, so you can use it to make other types of slimes as well.
All you need to make clear slime is clear glue, water, Borax and food coloring. This recipe calls for 1/2 cup of glue and 3 tablespoons of Borax, but you can adjust the amounts to create different effects. For example, using less glue will leave your slime slimier and less sticky; using more glue will create a thicker slime that’s more likely to stick together into clumps. You can also add a couple drops of food coloring if you’d like your slime to be colored.
Add 1/2 cup water and mix well
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix well.
- Using your hands, mix the glue and water together until the slime is smooth and stretchy.
- Add food coloring or glitter to the mixture, if desired.
- Knead the mixture until it feels smooth and soft. If you want your slime to be clear, it’s best to leave out all food coloring and glitter from this step because they will make it cloudy instead of clear.
Continue to add starch and mix
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of water with the Baking Soda. Stir until the Baking Soda is dissolved.
- In another small bowl, mix the clear glue with 1/4 cup of water.
- In another small bowl, mix the Clear Elmer’s Glue with 1/4 cup of water.
- In yet another small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of warm water until it is dissolved.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the starch mixture to your glue mixture and stir well. Add 2 more tablespoons and stir well again. Continue this process until you have used all of your starch mixture (you may not need all of it).
- Add in your baking soda solution and stir well until it is completely combined. You will notice that it gets thicker as you add more baking soda solution!
- Pour the glue into a bowl and add the water. Mix until it forms a thick liquid.
- Add in the Borax and mix well until it dissolves completely.
- Add food coloring and mix well until you get your desired color.
- Pour the mixture into a container and place it in the microwave for 4 minutes on high power, stirring every minute or so to ensure even heating. If you do not have a microwave, you can just heat it on the stovetop until all of the ingredients have dissolved into a clear liquid.
Recipes for slime
This is a recipe for clear slime that you can make using just two ingredients. Just follow the step-by-step instructions and you’ll have a batch of clear slime ready to play with in no time at all.
1/2 cup of Borax laundry booster
2 cups of water
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure they’re mixed well so there are no lumps in your slime. It’s also important not to add too much water or else it will be too runny and won’t stick together as well.
- Once you’ve mixed everything up, put it on a spoon and let it sit for about 30 minutes or until it starts to gel up (you’ll know because it will look like jelly). As long as it’s not too thin, that’s alright – just let it sit for longer if needed until it gets up nicely.
- Once your slime has gelled up nicely, take it out of its bowl (if you haven’t already) and place it on some paper towels or another absorbent surface so that any excess liquid can drain away from your slime. This will stop your slime from becoming too messy once you start playing with
Methods of making clear slime vary, but it requires a somewhat different preparation than colored or glittery slime. In this article, we gave you step-by-step instructions for how to prepare both types of slime and we hope you enjoy making your new slime!