How to Clean Your Xbox One Fan without Opening
How to Clean Your Xbox One Fan without Opening
It’s very obvious that your Xbox One fan needs to be cleaned. When it’s dusty, the fan makes a louder noise. In addition, your console is slow. This occurs every 3-4 years on average. As a result, if you don’t clean your console on a regular basis, you can run into this issue sooner. Use caution when applying pressure.
There are two ways to clean your Xbox One fan without having to open it. To begin, you can make use of an air compressor. This is the most secure option. If you’re not sure where to acquire one, go to a purchasing website like Amazon. You can also purchase an air compressor at your local hardware shop. They’re not difficult to utilize. To begin, clean the area using a microfiber cloth. It’s critical to use the cloth to remove as much dust as possible. Then go ahead and use your air compressor. The following are some items to think about when using the compressor:
Use caution when applying pressure.
Use the smallest head at all times.
Follow the air compressor’s instructions.
A pressurized air can also be used. The procedure is the same as when using an air compressor.
The second way is to use a vacuum cleaner to clean your Xbox One fan without opening it. Almost everyone has one, and it’s simple to operate. This method is simple to use, yet it is ineffective. We all know that dust can degrade the performance of your Xbox; while dust does not harm your Xbox, it can get into places where it isn’t desirable, such as the system fan.
A clogged fan might cause your Xbox to overheat and shut down unexpectedly while you’re playing a game.
Although it is impossible to restore it to its original state, there are a few things that can be done to remove the majority of the dust from the fan without having to open your Xbox.
Things to think about before you clean:
Before you begin cleaning, make sure your Xbox is turned off and all wires are disconnected (not just the power cable).
If your Xbox is very dusty, relocate it to a less dusty location; when you begin cleaning, dust on the floor will kick up and settle back into your Xbox.
We’ve included a list of tools that will assist you with the clean later in this post; but, if you’re using a high-powered household vacuum cleaner, be cautious because it may damage the internal fan.
Cleaning the Xbox fan without opening the console does not require expensive tools. The majority of the tools can be found in your home.
This is how you clean your Xbox One fan without having to open it:
- Begin by softly brushing the dust off of the Xbox’s outside case. Use the brush to get into the little crevasses along the top and sides of the console. Make circular motions with the brush.
- Turn on your vacuum and reduce the suction power to a minimum.
- Vacuum the exterior shell gently, paying careful attention to the crevasses.
- After the exterior dust has been cleared Take a cloth and saturate it with Isopropyl Alcohol. Wipe down the Xbox’s exterior.
- Turn your Xbox around so the ports on the back are visible. Clean the ports on the back of the Xbox with a cotton bud or Q-Tip soaked in Isopropyl Alcohol. If you push too hard, you risk damaging the port.
- On the top of your Xbox One S’s case, you’ll see some holes. The fan is placed beneath these perforations.
- Switch on your vacuum and set the suction power to medium. Place the vacuum cleaner on top of these holes and move it around the room slowly and softly. Always allow at least 2–3 minutes for the vacuum to build up above the holes. The most important thing to remember about this stage is to take your time.
- Finally, use a towel and a brush to wipe over the entire Xbox with more Isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
What to Do and What Not to Do:
- Do not increase the vacuum cleaners suction pressure beyond what is required. The main connections of the fan may be damaged if the power is turned up too much. Make sure there is no dust on the surface you’re cleaning before applying the isopropyl alcohol. If the alcohol comes into contact with loose dust, it can make a worse problem!
- Do not press the Q-Tips/Cotton buds too far into the rear ports, as this may damage them.
- Always saturate the cloth with isopropyl alcohol (and not poured directly on to the Xbox).
If you find your console’s fan becoming louder, it could be due to dust buildup, which makes the fan rotate and do its job more difficult. The best way to keep your fan in good working order is to keep the air vents clean.
TO ASSIST YOU IN KEEPING YOUR XBOX ONE FAN CLEAN:
- Blast dust and filth out of the air vents with compressed air from a can.
- After you’ve cleaned the vents, place your Xbox somewhere with excellent ventilation to help it cool down.
- Clean your Xbox One console every three to six months to ensure that it is in good working order.
- Keep your Xbox off the floor and out in the open, rather than on a rug or within a cabinet, to avoid excessive dust accumulation. Also, keep it out of reach of pets and little children who could make messes or damage it.
When it comes to maintaining the fan on your console clean of dust and debris, prevention is always better than cure.
The more dust you allow to accumulate on your Xbox One, the more likely it is that it will enter the console’s fan mechanism through the air vents on the external shell.