How to clean yellow silicone phone case with baking soda
When it comes down to it, different types of phone cases can be easily cleaned. Whether it is how to clean a matte, rubber, leather, or transparent silicone phone cover, you won’t have any issues if you follow the appropriate steps. Subsequently you have gone over these simple indicators. Why do clear silicone phone cases eventually turn yellow?? Anyone who uses a transparent or light-colored silicone mobile phone case for a long time, sooner or later will notice that it turns yellow after some time.
After removing the phone, the best method to clean rubber phone cases is to wash them on regular basis.
There are many reasons for this: UV light, but especially constant contact with sweat and oil from the hands causes’ discoloration. This happens on its own over time and can hardly be avoided without specific cleaning of the cover. However, it is very important to regularly clean your mobile phone and its case. It is not only about aesthetics, but also about health and hygiene.
The usual baking soda treatment is definitely an excellent alternative if you want to keep the charm and good looks of your phone case right from the start.
To use this phone case cleaning trick, start by spraying Baking soda on the surface of the phone case. Next, use a damp toothbrush to apply the baking soda to the stain. Wash the baking soda and dry with a soft towel. Follow this process with tip number one to remove any remaining baking soda.
Another method is:
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the box. Take out your phone and put it aside. Put the case in the sink or on a clean cloth to dry. Position it so that the spots are face up. Then cover the surface with baking soda. Make sure the baking soda has completely covered the stains. You really can’t use too much baking soda, so keep adding more until the box and stains are well covered.
- Baking soda is effective on tough stains that you cannot remove otherwise.
- Scrub the phone case with a damp toothbrush. Take a clean toothbrush and dip it in some water. Then move it in a circle over the casing. Make sure to get the hard-to-reach spots like edges and openings.
- If the toothbrush begins to dry out, moisten with more water. You can hold it under running water in your sink or submerge it in a container filled with water.
- Rinse the phone case with clean water. Move the box to the sink if it isn’t already there and turn on the warm water. Wash the entire case with a toothbrush to remove any remaining debris. Keep scrubbing and rinsing until all the baking soda is gone.
- Dry the case with a clean cloth. Shake off excess moisture first. Then remove most of the remaining moisture as well as any leftover debris. Pay particular attention to smaller areas, such as the corners and openings of the box.
- Remove as much moisture as possible to ensure that the air in your case dries as quickly as possible.
- If your case is still stained, wash it with soap and water. Mix about 1 cup (240 ml) of warm water and 2 to 3 drops of liquid dish soap in a bowl. Stir the water until it is nice and soapy. Then, using a sponge, cloth, or even a toothbrush, clean the entire casing. Remove any remaining debris.
- Baking soda will remove stubborn stains, but some may be lighter later. You may also notice some traces of baking soda that need to be removed with soap and water.
- Air dries the case for approximately 1 hour before using it again. Choose a place in your home that is outdoors, such as a kitchen table or countertop. First dry the case as much as possible. Then put a clean towel on the surface and put the phone case on top. The case will finish drying while you wait.
- Make sure the location you choose has sufficient air circulation. You can open windows or turn on nearby fans to let air flow through the room.
- Please note that the case will not dry as quickly in dark or cold areas.
To avoid stains, wash your phone case once a week. Your phone’s casing comes in contact with a lot of debris, so frequent cleaning is a good idea. If you have time, take out your phone to scrub the case with soap and water at least once a week. It will also prevent the material from turning yellow.
- The casing of your phone will pick up a lot of debris from your pocket or purse. You also get a lot of oil from your hands, causing it to turn yellow over time.
- Your case will last much longer if you take the time to maintain it.
With a little baking soda and water, you can clean any phone case though you’ll want to be more careful with a fabric phone case or even how to clean a leather case. These are the most delicate options and will definitely be the most expensive if you have to replace them. Be sure to be careful about cleaning the cases and taking good care of them. The best thing to do is to disinfect your phone case frequently and clean the phone’s charging port. This prevents it from getting too dirty because you are removing dirt and debris before they have a chance to settle.
This will prevent your case from getting stained and scrubbing; or even that you can’t delete at all. It will also make sure that it always looks great. After all, you are probably using your phone several times a day, right? You want to make sure that every time you take it out, people will see how good it looks.