As per the thirst of water, in every corner our world people are using a simple waterpik. But complex this system can be broken. When it is broken then requires you clean it. Waterpik is an oral hygiene product that was built to replace professional cleaning. However, like most reed-based products, Waterpik too needs proper maintenance to offer satisfactory performance.
Remove the Waterpik handle from the hose
- Remove the Waterpik handle from the hose.
- Remove the brush tip and insert it into the storage cap.
- Remove any debris that has accumulated around the water tank, by tapping it lightly against a hard surface.
- Use warm water and a mild soap to cleanse all parts of your Waterpik device.
Unscrew the mouthpiece of your Waterpik handle
- Unscrew the mouthpiece of your Waterpik handle. Remove the reservoir from the handle by gently pulling it out from the back of the handle.Wash out any debris from inside the reservoir with soap and water. Rinse thoroughly, then dry with a clean cloth.
- Replace the reservoir, making sure that it fits snugly into place without any gaps between it and the handle. Reattach the mouthpiece by pushing it down onto its seat until you hear it click into place.
Unscrew the head of your unit
Unscrew the head of your unit.Take out all of the pieces and set them aside.Use a toothbrush to scrub away any buildup.Wash the pieces with a mild soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly before putting them back into the water flossier.Dry each piece with a lint-free cloth before reassembling and using it again.
Remove any stuck-on debris
Remove any stuck-on debris with a stiff brush or cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Then rinse the wand thoroughly with water until it runs clear. To prevent mold growth, it’s also recommended that you let your device dry completely before storing it away.
If you notice mold growing on the tip of your Waterpik, remove the tip and soak it in 1 part bleach and 9 parts water overnight. Rinse thoroughly with water before reattaching it to the wand.
Mix water and hydrogen peroxide
The Waterpik Ultra is a great tool to have in your dental hygiene arsenal. It’s a water flossier that can help remove food particles, plaque and bacteria from between your teeth and gums. Because it uses water instead of string floss, it’s easier to use and more comfortable than string flossing.
In order to keep your Waterpik in good working order, you should make sure to properly clean it after each use. Here are some steps for cleaning your Waterpik:
- Remove any excess water from the reservoir by pressing the “release” button on top of the reservoir until all of it has been drained out.
- Mix water and hydrogen peroxide into the reservoir to provide disinfectant for the cleaning bath. Use one part peroxide with nine parts water (10 ml per 990 ml). Don’t worry about using too much hydrogen peroxide; too little won’t be effective at killing bacteria.
- Place your Waterpik in a pan or container large enough to accommodate its size so that it can lay flat inside with its head submerged in water up to its base (where it connects with the hose). Then pour in enough liquid mixture so that it covers all surfaces of your Waterpik.
Gently clean the outside of unit
Gently clean the outside of your unit with a soft cloth or sponge dipped in warm soapy water.If you have hard water, you may need to clean your Waterpik more often than you would with soft water.To clean the inside of your Waterpik, fill it with warm water and let it run for 2 minutes.
If there is still visible debris and mineral buildup after this time, repeat the process until it runs clear.Never use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your Waterpik as they can damage the unit’s plastic parts and render them unusable.
Reassemble your Waterpik and you’re ready to go. If you’ve been using your Waterpik for a while, there’s a good chance that mineral deposits have built up on the base of your machine. The best way to clean these deposits off is by using a toothbrush with a stiff bristle head and a small amount of rubbing alcohol or vinegar. You can also use a cloth with warm water and soap if you don’t have either of those things on hand.
Remove the Waterpik from the base by twisting counterclockwise (the same direction as when attaching) until it comes free from the base. You may need to use some force; don’t worry about breaking anything if you do! Once the Waterpik is removed from its base, rinse out any remaining water using warm water from your sink or bathtub faucet at full pressure (this will help dislodge any remaining particles).
Clean the waterpik at least once a month
It’s easy to clean your Waterpik, and you’ll want to do it regularly. That way, you’ll keep it in good working order, and your water will stay fresh.
Tips for maintaining your water flossier
When you’re done flossing, clean the tip with a little bit of toothpaste and a damp cloth. Rinse off the toothpaste and dry thoroughly before storing.This is where I differ from most people when cleaning their water flosses.
You can fill your reservoir with regular mouthwash or use an alcohol-free hydrogen peroxide solution if you’re concerned about the alcohol content in regular mouthwash harming your gums. Don’t add too much as it could spill out of your water flossier during use and make a mess.
You can easily clean your waterpik yourself and save money by doing it.Whether you use your waterpik on a daily basis or just occasionally to help remove food debris and clean your teeth, it’s important to properly clean it and let it dry before storing. When you take the time to do this and properly store your waterpik, the internal motor will last longer.