Eyelash extensions are the perfect addition to your makeup routine! They are available in different options and they will satisfy the requirements of each client. The procedure of applying them takes time and love, but their value is unbelievable. After the treatment, every stylist needs to know how to clean eyelash extensions properly with no risk. You will find out all the insider tips.
Chlorine and salt water
We know that lash extensions are a big commitment and that you want to protect them. So we’ve put together this handy guide for how to clean your lashes. Cleaning your extensions is important, but you don’t want to over-clean them or you could damage your natural lashes.
- Keep your lashes off limits to irritants like chlorine and salt water.
- Wash hands before touching your eyelashes, even if you’re only going for a quick pee break.
- Don’t use baby oil or petroleum jelly on your eyelashes, it will make them droopy
- Don’t go swimming with floating rings around your eyes, you’ll look ridiculous
- Don’t go swimming with floating rings around your eyes…you’ll look ridiculous!
Cleanse extensions with a gentle cleanser
Cleanse your extensions with a gentle cleanser specifically formulated for lash extensions. It’s important to use a tool that is made specifically for cleaning the extensions. Using your fingers or another tool can damage them and cause them to fall out prematurely.
If you have sensitive eyes, avoid using eye makeup remover, as this can be too harsh for your eyes. If you wear eye makeup, remove it before removing your eyelash extensions.
After cleansing, use an alcohol-free toner or solution to disinfect the area around your eyes.To avoid damaging your natural lashes, do not use any kind of oil-based products on them (such as baby oil). Instead, opt for a moisturizer that contains lanolin or glycerin. A good option is Lubriderm lotion for sensitive skin.
Use mascara sparingly
Eyelash extensions are a wonderful way to add length and volume to your lashes. They can be worn on a daily basis or just for special occasions. The great thing about eyelash extensions is that they are reusable. You should be able to get several wears out of them before they need to be replaced. If you follow these tips, you’ll find it easy to keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful for months at a time.
Make sure you use caution when applying mascara and other makeup products near your eyes. It’s easy to wipe away eye makeup during the day and end up with mascara smudges on your eyelashes. You may want to consider using an eye makeup remover that contains only water or olive oil instead of one with petroleum distillates
Use mascara sparingly. It’s tempting to pile on several coats of mascara, but this can cause clumps and smudges along the lash line if you aren’t careful. Instead of applying too much at once, start with just one coat and let it dry completely before applying.
Keep your lashes dry
If you wear eyelash extensions, you probably know that they require a bit more maintenance than your natural lashes. But don’t worry, it’s not too difficult to keep them looking great.
Keep in mind that your lashes need time to adjust to their new look and feel. It’s important to be patient with them and avoid pulling them at first.Remember to keep your lashes dry for 24-48 hours after getting them applied. This will prevent the glue from becoming sticky quickly, which can lead to damage later on.
After that, it’s best if you avoid products that could cause damage or irritation (like oil-based makeup remover). This includes waterproof mascara, eyeliner pencils, brow pencils and other cosmetics. You should also avoid using oil-based skincare products like night cream or face oils because these can clog the openings of your cuticles, causing them to break off prematurely.
Avoid oil-based makeup remover products
Eyelash extensions are a great way to lengthen and enhance the look of your natural lashes. But like any other cosmetic product, they need to be cared for properly to ensure their longevity.
The following tips will help you keep your eyelashes looking great for longer:
- Avoid oil based makeup remover products. These can damage the adhesive in the extensions, causing them to fall out quicker than usual. Try using a water based makeup remover instead.
- Don’t use mascara when you have glue on your lashes (even if they are fake). The mascara can clump together the individual lashes and pull them out one by one, causing damage to both your natural and synthetic eyelashes.
- Don’t sleep with your makeup on! This is especially important if you have eyelash extensions as sleeping with mascara on can cause breakage and damage to both types of lashes.
- Wash your face regularly but gently with warm water and soap or cleanser to remove any makeup residue from your skin around the eyes (this includes eye cream!). Avoid rubbing or scrubbing this area too vigorously as this can irritate your eyes and lead to infection or irritation of the sensitive skin around them.
Brushes when cleaning
You should clean your eyelashes every two weeks. This will keep them looking their best, and it will help prevent bacteria and dirt from building up on your extensions. There are many different ways to clean your eyelashes, but the best method depends on how long you’ve had them.
If you’re a new client, then cleaning your eyelashes is easy just use warm water and soap to gently wash away any makeup residue or dirt. If you have extensions that are less than a month old, you don’t need to do anything else because they aren’t yet firmly attached to your natural lashes.
Be careful with your brushes when cleaning the area around the extensions. You don’t want to accidentally pull out any of your real lashes while trying to remove an extension.
Last but not least, always remember to take your lash extension maintenance schedule seriously. You wouldn’t want your clients to get extensions and then not know how to properly care for them, so show them the way! With proper care and maintenance, you can expect your eyelash extensions to last anywhere from 2-6 weeks.