How to clean apple watch band? We know that the Apple watch is one of the most fashionable smart watch. And we know the fact that it requires meticulous care and maintenance. At the same time, it is very hard to clean this device. This watch is one of Apple’s best devices ever released but there is a question that concerns many users, “Is it waterproof?” Most people want to wear it all day because of its unique and magnificent design. So, cleaning your smart watch is very important to make it last for long as possible.
Check the band
- Check the band. Make sure it’s not damaged, broken or torn. If it is, you might want to get a new one.
- Before cleaning your Apple Watch, remove all accessories from its band. This includes any adapters, charging cables and other items that may be attached.
- Use a cloth or soft brush to remove dirt and debris from the band. Be sure not to use anything that could scratch the surface of the band or damage the screen protector on your device. A microfiber cloth should do fine for this purpose.
- Clean the inside of your Apple Watch with a cloth dampened with warm water and a mild soap solution (or rubbing alcohol).
- Do not use abrasive materials such as steel wool pads, scouring powders or cleaners containing bleach or ammonia; these will harm both plastic and metal parts of your device and can scratch its screen protector.
- Dry off your watch thoroughly before putting it back on your wrist; otherwise moisture may cause corrosion damage in electronics components over time (corrosion damage is permanent).
Choose the right cleaner
The Apple Watch is a great health and fitness tracker, but you’re going to need to clean it from time to time. Cleaning your Apple Watch band regularly will help keep it looking new and prevent any buildup of grime that may make it smell bad.
- There are many ways to clean your Apple Watch band, but the first step is choosing the right cleaner. The best way to do that is by reading the label on the cleaning product you’re considering.
- It should have a clear list of ingredients, so look for something that doesn’t contain alcohol or bleach. If a product contains either of those ingredients, it could damage your watch’s screen or other sensitive parts.
- In addition, avoid products with fragrances because they can ruin the scent of your leather strap.If you want to know more about specific cleaners for different materials, read our guide on how to clean leather and plastic straps on an Apple Watch.
Cleaning with a microfiber cloth
Apple Watch bands are made from a variety of materials, including leather and nylon. These materials are designed to be durable and long lasting, but they’re not immune to wear and tear. Fortunately, cleaning your Apple Watch band is easy.
- The best way to keep your Apple Watch band clean is with a microfiber cloth.
- You can use this cloth for other items in your home as well, such as glasses and cell phones.
- Simply wipe the cloth along the band to remove dirt and debris.
- If your watch band has been exposed to sweat, you may need to wash it more thoroughly using soap and water or a mild solution of dishwashing detergent mixed with water.
- Use warm water and mild soap (such as dishwashing liquid) and gently rub any stains or dirt until they’re removed.
- Rinse the band thoroughly with cool water after washing.
Cleaning with water
The Apple Watch is a great fitness tracker, but it’s not designed to be submerged in water or exposed to any moisture. If you notice water on your Apple Watch, immediately dry it off with a clean cloth and then unplug the charging cable.
- If you don’t have access to a cloth and no longer have the original packaging, use a microfiber cloth or eyeglass cleaning wipe for electronic devices that’s been dampened with rubbing alcohol. Be careful not to touch the screen during cleaning — this can scratch the display.
- Apple recommends that you clean your band with mild soap and water once a week. Or, if you wear your band every day, clean it once every two weeks.
Cleaning with rubbing alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is a great way to clean both the outside and inside of an Apple Watch band. The alcohol will remove any dirt or grime on the surface while also disinfecting the band itself. If possible, try not to let the alcohol come into contact with the screen of your watch — just spray it onto a paper towel or cloth first before wiping down your watch band.
Drying your band
- Apple Watch bands are made from leather, silicone or plastic. The band you choose should complement your Apple Watch and personal style. Here’s how to clean your watch band:
- Dry your band with a soft cloth. If you have a leather band, don’t use water or soap. This can cause the band to dry out prematurely and crack.
- Clean your band with an alcohol-based cleaner if needed. A swab with rubbing alcohol will remove dirt and germs from hard-to-reach areas of the watch face and bands. Use a small amount of rubbing alcohol on the tip of a cotton swab to clean these areas.
In conclusion, I hope that this guide has helped you understand how to clean Apple Watch bands. Yours may not have been perfectly cleaned after the first time you did it, but don’t worry because as you continue to practice you will have a better understanding of how to do it.