A whiteboard can be a great tool for planning out your work, but it doesn’t clean itself. You’ll have to give it some TLC if you want to enjoy the long term benefits of using a whiteboard in your office.
Table of Contents
Prepare cleaning session
Whiteboards are a great tool for collaboration and creativity. They’re also a quick way to clear your mind and get your thoughts down on paper.
But whiteboards can be messy, especially if you’re not careful with them. You may notice that after a while, they start to look dirty or even feel sticky. Fortunately, it’s easy to clean a whiteboard at home. Here’s how:
Prepare for your whiteboard cleaning session
- Have plenty of rags on hand, as well as some glass cleaner or other appropriate cleaning solution in an aerosol spray bottle. Make sure the windows are open so that any overspray doesn’t end up on the floor or other furniture.
- Wipe away any debris from the board itself with a damp cloth. If there are stains or other marks on the surface, try scrubbing them with an abrasive pad (such as steel wool) before using glass cleaner or another type of solvent to remove them completely; otherwise you may end up spreading them around more than you intended!
- Use an aerosol spray bottle filled with glass cleaner to clean off all surfaces of the board; don’t forget about edges, corners and handles.
Whiteboard is laminated or not
Whiteboards are an important tool for teachers, students, and businesses alike. They can be used to teach students about a certain subject or to help them study for a test. Whiteboards can also be used in the workplace as a brainstorming tool or even as a way for employees to communicate with each other.
Check to see if your whiteboard is laminated or not. If it is not laminated then you don’t have to worry about using any chemicals or cleaners on it because they could damage the surface of your board. Use warm water and mild soap on your board according to manufacturer instructions and dry with a soft cloth.
Wet a microfiber cloth with water
When you’re done using a whiteboard, it’s important to clean it to remove any smudges and grime that may be on there.
- You don’t need anything fancy just some water and a cloth or paper towel.
- Clean the dry-erase marker off the board by wiping with a damp cloth. If there are stubborn marks, use an eraser or dry sponge to rub them off.
- Wet a microfiber cloth with water and wipe down the whiteboard. You may want to use a slightly dampened cloth if there are stubborn marks still left on the board.
Use isopropyl alcohol or diluted vinegar
Whiteboards are useful tools in the office and classroom, but they can get dirty over time. While they are generally easy to clean, there are some best practices to keep in mind.For laminated whiteboards, use isopropyl alcohol or diluted vinegar, then wipe down as usual. For dry-erase markers, make sure that you’re using a marker designed for whiteboards.
If you have a lot of oil from handprints on your whiteboard, consider using a wet cloth and warm water to wipe away the oil before using any cleaning solutions to prevent staining.
Re-dampen microfiber cloth
Whiteboards are a great way to stay organized. They’re also great for brainstorming and for leaving messages for roommates or housemates. However, over time whiteboards can get dirty and dingy looking. To keep your whiteboard looking new, follow these steps:
Re-dampen your microfiber cloth with a small amount of white vinegar. This will help remove stains from the board. Then, wipe the board down with the damp cloth to remove the dirt and grime that has accumulated on it.
If there are still stains on your board, spray it with glass cleaner and wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth.Spray glass cleaner on your microfiber cloth and wipe down the entire surface of the whiteboard to get rid of dust particles that may have accumulated over time.
Avoid using strong cleaners
If you’re in a hurry, just use a dry erase marker to remove smudges and spots on your board. Then wipe with a soft cloth. If you have time, here’s how to clean a whiteboard the right way:
Avoid using strong cleaners. A simple solution of mild dish soap and warm water will do the trick if you’re just trying to remove stubborn stains from your board. Don’t use harsh chemicals or abrasives like bleach or ammonia because they can damage the surface of the marker board or dry erase laminate layer.
Wipe down with a dry towel or cloth first before cleaning with water so that any dust particles are lifted off rather than smearing them onto other parts of the surface. If there are any large spots or stains on your whiteboard that won’t come off with water alone, try using rubbing alcohol instead (make sure it’s 100 proof). This will evaporate quickly and leave little residue behind on your board when it dries up again so that you can continue using it without
Clean with baking soda
If your whiteboard has discolored, you may need to clean it with baking soda and a soft, non-scratching sponge.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with two cups of water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture onto your whiteboard and let it sit for five minutes.
- Wipe the board down with a microfiber cloth or paper towel.If you have stains on your whiteboard that won’t come off, try using rubbing alcohol.
- Add two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol to two cups of water in a spray bottle and spray the mixture onto your whiteboard.
- Wipe the board down with a microfiber cloth or paper towel and let it dry completely before using again.
Cleaning and caring for your whiteboard is an important and necessary part of the upkeep process. Without proper care, your whiteboard will dull in appearance and become difficult to write on, hindering its overall usefulness. The tips we’ve provided above should help you to keep your board looking great for years to come.